Wednesday, October 15, 2008

First of many

So, I had many people back at home ask me to keep them updated on what's been happening on the big move to Music City, USA and I thought this would be the easiest way to keep everyone informed instead of trying to individually facebook and e-mail everyone.

Well, I've been here for 3 days and I already love this town! I've already met so many wonderful people who are all willing to help me get work! I feel so welcomed here. Southern hospitality does really exist!

Day 1, Sunday, Eddie and Marie had a "pickin' party" for my arrival and invited all their musician friends. It was a great day of making music, drinkin beers, enjoying the warm weather, and hanging out with great friends. It was a fantastic way to start my new adventure. I handed out my card to a few guys and I'm just waiting for the calls now.

Day 2 was a relaxing day and we just hung out and ended up downtown that night watching my bro's band play. Lots of fun! Sat in with the band and had a blast.

Day 3 we went and visited my bro at work at the HOF (hall of fame) and he gave us a tour of RCA Studio B where there was more than 1000 top ten country hits recorded!! What a fantastic history lesson! That's the other thing I love about this town! There is sooooooo much culture and history!!

Today, I'm just hanging out here at home waiting for M & D to stop by to go out for lunch and then do a little shopping around town for the essentials. We're going out again tonight to see big bro's band at another bar. Should be fun!

Until later....

With love,
~Harry

No comments: